Ystwyth Cycle Club has a great history, which we are discovering and recording – we would love to hear from anyone with further information, photos or memorabilia to help us fill in the gaps email@example.com.
The club jerseys through the years have been photographed and recorded by Kristian Bond, club member and grandson, to original cycle club members Bill and Audrey Rushton: http://ystwythccnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/ystwyth-cc-jerseys-through-years.html#!/2017/03/ystwyth-cc-jerseys-through-years.html
The Ystwyth Cycle Club enjoyed it’s first full year as a club in 1952. It was set up by a group of keen cyclists from Aberystwyth;
Norman Wyman, Ben Wigley, Peter Jones and John Chessam.
They met initially together at Edleson House, Queens Road, Aberystwyth in October 1951 to discuss setting up the club.
More cyclists joined during the club’s first year, including William (Bill) and Audrey Rushton.
The first President was Tom Davies. He owned a cycle shop in Pier Street, Aberystwyth.