Catalina Architecture Time Trial Series
Every Wednesday night from April to August the club runs a time trial series on a variety of courses in the Aberystwyth area, which includes 10, 12 and 22 mile routes and finishes off with a 1 mile hill climb.
2021 Catalina Architecture Time Trial Series
Not sure what to expect? Take a look at this great video clip from one of our riders, Gruffydd Pugh-Jones:
Please note: Entry levy is £3
Please turn up at least 30 minutes before the start to allow enough time to sign-on and allocate numbers.
Contact Andy Hunt for more information.
Important Notice to all Riders
All non-members are permitted two Come & Try event before membership of Ystwyth CC is required. Checks will be made periodically, and membership is available online.
For ALL Ystwyth CC time trial events, hardshell helmets and a rear light are COMPULSORY.
Marshals will be positioned around the course they are there to show you the way; they have no authority over the traffic and CANNOT AND MUST NOT stop vehicles.
A working rear light, either flashing or constant, must be fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.
It is the riders responsibility to ride within the laws of the road and with consideration to others. Failure to do so may result in a time penalty or disqualification.
All riders are asked to comply with the following requests:
ALL competitors in, or in the vicinity of the event, must observe the law of the land relating to road use.
- DO NOT park or stop your car within sight of the starting or finishing timekeeper.
- DO NOT crowd the timekeepers whilst the event is still in progress. The results will be available after the last rider has completed the course and online within 24 hours.
- DO NOT Urinate in public
- DO NOT leave your number flapping – four pins are supplied for each – USE THEM
- DO NOT allow your friends and relations to follow you around the course – it’s not allowed.
- DO not ride in a manner that is unsafe either to themselves or to other road users.
- DO ride on the left-hand side of the road except for safe overtaking and when making right hand turns.
- DO conform to all traffic signs, signals and direction indicators in making any turn before, during or after the event, ensure that it is safe to do so.
- DO call your number to the finishing timekeeper or your time may not be recorded.
- DO keep your head up, be aware of your surroundings at all times and HAVE A SAFE RIDE
Overtaking rules – Competitors must ride entirely alone and unassisted and not ride in company or take shelter (commonly known as drafting) from other riders or vehicles. A competitor overtaking another must pass without receiving or giving shelter. The onus of avoiding company riding shall be upon the rider being overtaken.
Competitors, officials, helpers or members of affiliated clubs shall not act or behave in a manner such as to give offence to the public interest or such as to bring the sport into disrepute.
When cycling to and from a club time-trial event please be considerate to other road users and ride single file whenever it is possible to do so to give faster traffic the opportunity to pass safely.